compact distributed I/O module
Compatible and user-friendly
The cSCALE DIO requires very little wiring because the CAN module is mounted exactly where the signals occur. Using the CANopen protocol, the device communicates with the programmable control. The cSCALE DIO is highly compatible with any control.
cSCALE DIO applications
The cSCALE DIO is used when larger distances between control and sensors needs to be covered by CANopen. The connection to the application is quick and easy. Through the CAN bus connection, the cSCALE DIO can be placed exactly where it is needed. During this process, the sensors/actuators are connected by cSCALE DIO and the control system is linked by CAN bus. cSCALE DIO is compatible with all controls, cSCALE and qSCALE Ix, such as for the detection and actuation of I/O in lower carriage or outrigger.
- Hydraulic valves
- Warning lights/signal lamps
- Remote controls
Configurable inputs and outputs
The cSCALE DIO uses the standard CANopen protocol, and can be connected to each CANopen master. Both binary and analog inputs and outputs are supported by the device. The flexible configuration of the inputs and outputs allows the cSCALE DIO to be used in a variety of applications.
- Digital inputs, some with short circuit and cable damage detection
- Digital counter inputs with frequency measurements of analog current inputs
- Digital PWM outputs with CC current control
Robust and compact
In addition to a compact housing, the cSCALE DIO features a robust design and increased resistance to vibration and shock. This is ideal for use in rough environmental conditions.
- The cSCALE DIO and the appropriate connectors comply with protection class IP66/67
- Robust and compact housing
- Resistance to shock and vibration
- Outdoor installation or in the control cabinet
The standard CANopen protocol simplifies the integration of different CANopen bus users. All CAN interfaces are operated by the CANopen protocol. Using this protocol, a number of decentral analog and digital signals are combined and passed on as CAN signal.
The cSCALE DIO supports the use of standard CANopen and CANopen Safety protocols. The sensors, actuators, and power supply are connected to each other through a central standard plug.
Parameters for the device functions and CAN interface can be programmed using a CoDeSys 2.3 or CoDeSys 3.5 application. In addition, an EDS file is available through control editors (e.g. CoDeSys 2.3 or CoDeSys 3.5) or by an independent CAN configurator software.
- Setting of the device parameters by object directory
- Time-critical data exchange of the sensors and actuators
- Monitoring of users and networks
- Display of hardware and software fault conditions
- Configurable input/output functions
Safety and power supply
Power to the cSCALE DIO is provided through a central plug. The cSCALE DIO has two cut-off relay switches for external safety shut-down. The permissible voltage range is 6...36 VDC.
I/O and modularity
- 28 I/O integrated in one module
- 10 digital inputs, of which 4 are high-speed counter (HSC) configurable
- 2 DI DIAG: diagnostic-enabled digital inputs, with optional detection of cable damage or short circuit
- 8 analog current inputs 4...20mA
- Voltage inputs 0...10V
- 4 digital outputs with PWM outputs with CC current control
- 1 relay output
- Modularity provided by the combination of several DIO modules in the control system
- Cost- effective solution to increase the I/Os in mobile devices
An EDS file is available for easy integration in CoDeSys, which contains the complete device description and meets the CiA (CAN in Automation) standards.